In the Event of Smoke or Fire Damage, Do the Following:
- Stay calm! Call Rainbow International’s 24/7 Emergency Line at (970) 484-3265
- Take inventory of all your contents. Pictures of possessions that need replacing will help ease your insurance claim.
- Open all windows.
- If the electricity is off, empty the freezer and refrigerator completely and prop the doors open. (Trust us when we say you don’t want to deal with that later).
- Prop open exterior doors.
- Remove all pets (especially birds) to clean environments.
Do NOT attempt the following:
- Do not wipe or wash the walls, ceilings, or other absorbent surfaces.
- Do not use upholstered furniture, if it can be avoided.
- Do not use exposed food goods or canned goods that have been subject to excessive heat.
- Do not use TVs, stereos, or any other electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Do not send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor.
- Do not turn on your heating and air conditioning system, if it is not currently on.
In the unfortunate event that you experience fire damage in your home, it is important that the cleanup begins as soon as possible.
Smoke residues are acidic in nature and with time they will cause surfaces to corrode and stain permanently. Smoke residues that were pressurized during the fire will permeate cracks and crevices of building materials and deposit odor-causing residues. This is why proper fire restoration deals with heat, smoke and water damage.
Rainbow International’s fire restoration service professionals work quickly to stop the smoke damage and restore your home and contents back to pre-fire condition using cleaning systems and equipment that can eliminate costly replacement of restorable items.
Smoke odors can be difficult to remove due to penetration and absorption into building materials. Rainbow International of Northern Colorado’s fire restoration technicians have the knowledge, products and equipment to permanently remove these stubborn odors.
Place Rainbow International of Northern Colorado’s phone number next to your emergency numbers and call us for an estimate of smoke damage repair in the event of smoke or fire damage.
Rainbow International will:
- Professionally clean upholstery, drapes, carpets, walls, and all other contents.
- Clean and protect trim and hardware on kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances.
- Clean and protect bathroom fixtures from smoke damage.
- Deodorize to permanently remove any smoke odor.