A house fire is a terrifying experience. After the fire has been put out, do you still smell smoke? While you may think you can get rid of the lingering smoke odor yourself, what you don’t realize is that smoke penetrates and gets absorbed into building materials. Since smoke residue is acidic, over time it will corrode and stain surfaces permanently. This is why it is absolutely crucial to remove smoke smell in Longmont with Rainbow International’s professional fire restoration service. We can quickly stop the smoke damage and restore your home. Here are a few things you can do while you’re waiting for our quick arrival:
- Contact your insurance agency to get a claim started.
- Make a list of everything that has been damaged or need replacing – it helps to take pictures too.
- Open all the windows and exterior doors.
- Use a fan to circulate the air.
- If there has also been water damage, check out this blog (http://www.911rainbow.com/loveland-water-damage-restoration-not-a-diy-project/)to see what you need to do.
- Remove all pets and young children to the outdoors or to cleaner environments.
Be assured that upon Rainbow International’s arrival, your upholstery, carpets, drapes, walls, trim and hardware will be professionally cleaned and all smoke odor will be permanently removed. You deserve to enjoy your home without the smell and side effects of smoke, so be sure to call us immediately!